Thursday, May 28, 2009

memorial day and doctor's visits

Robert and I have been busy these past few days! After our time at the River, we headed up to DC for an old fashioned Falls Church City Memorial Day...for anyone who hasn't had the pleasure, it's a fantastic small town affair. We participated in the 3k fun run and stopped every few feet to show off our sweet son! My parents walked with us, and at one point, my father decided that Rob was just too far away from him and he picked him up out of the crib and carried him the rest of the way! It was so nice and comforting to bring him to my roots and introduce him to all our friends who've become extended family throughout the years. Growing up in FC has certainly been a blessing for me, one that I hope to provide for our son...although, sorry mom, it doesn't look like we'll be moving there any time soon.

We also had Rob's six week check up. He is gaining weight and growing like a champ. He's currently weighing in at 10 pounds 2 ounces, in the 50th percentile for weight...and, more importantly to Robert, he is 22.5 inches tall, in the 65 percentile for height! All that feeding and sleeping is paying off.

No comments: