Friday, May 21, 2010

lead of love

So this Caedman's song popped up on my walk today and in addition to reminding me of Ocean City 1997, its lyrics also struck me looking back over the last few weeks/months of our lives....if you don't know them, look them up...now.

Things that I am thankful for:

1. My husband came home early from work the other day so that I could make it to yoga class...i never thought I'd love yoga, but I do....way harder than expected. On the way, I stopped by Target and my favorite cashier opened up a line just for me...we bonded over Target brand bread...amazing...do I go there to much, probably.

2. My husbands chocolate chip pancake birthday breakfast

3. Robert surprising me by coming home early to hang out with me on my birthday

....are you seeing a trend, I married a good man.

4. The cupcake-birthday cake that my son also enjoyed, exhibit a-c below:

a bit tentative at first, but he quickly took care of business...complete with a 11pm throw up episode which was immediately followed by little Robert on a sugar high...quite a sight.

5. My hour long phone with my dear friend Birgit...thanks for the call and the chat friend.

6.Birthday lunch with my friend Holly, my favorite Richmond friend who is walking with me through the life of a 13 month old.

7. The birthday messages and love that were simply overwhelming...thank you.

8. Dinner with our dear friends Peter and Kim tonight...excited to meet with new daughter and hang out with Jonathan!

The list could go on and on....see, "had to walk the rocks to see the mountain view".

1 comment:

Holly, The Mommy said...

Just a few comments friend!:

1) It's NOT possible to frequent Target too much! Believe me! That place is more than addicting!

2) Not only did you marry a great guy, but I must admit that I'm a tad bit jealous of how often he seems to "come home early". Not even sure what I would do if Doug was able to do that ;)

3) I'm so glad that we got to spend your birthday with you, and am thankful that I have you to help me out with this whole parenting a 1 year old thing, and even more thankful to have you as a friend!

4) Love the blog post and we love you guys!