Friday, August 20, 2010

Requests and a quick photo

I don't often use this blog to make prayer requests but I'm making an exception this morning. Robert, although an incredibly happy child, has become too attached to his mommy. It is both difficult and flattering that he loves me so much, I mean, who doesn't smile when they see this face:

I pause here to thank Ms. Waidmann for our very cute birthday outfit...although I don't love baseball, the uniform is adorable:)



Carrying on...

Robert and I are beginning to get concerned. Let me elaborate, we spent several months taking him to the gym nursery (that means a 10 minute trip to the gym every morning to get him used to it) until five months in, when he finally stopped screaming bloody murder. But one week away at the beach and we are back at square one...bless the hearts of those childcare workers for putting up with us!

This attachment is a minor problem for the gym but our greater concern is the fact that we are joining a new church, starting one day preschool and a mothers bible study all this fall...that's three new environments that he has to learn to love without mommy around.

I understand that many of you may think this is a pretty trivial matter, and although you're right, please pray with me anyway, to us, it shapes our entire lives, particularly mine, here in Richmond.

With love and thanks today!

1 comment:

Emily said...

We'll certainly be praying for you!! Love that sweet boy of yours. You can just send him over to c'ville with us any time :)