Sunday, June 26, 2011

charleston

For our second beach vacation of the summer we traveled to Charleston, SC to spend the week with my parents and see my dear friend Owen get married. We joke that he was the only boy at my kindergarten birthday party, but that explains the length and depth of our friendship...I couldn't be more thrilled for him and his beautiful new wife.

My son was in seventh heaven with his papa and grandma, while Robert and I loved being able to head into downtown Charleston for a date night at a fabulous, amazing restaurant.

My dad loved matching with his favorite little guy at the rehearsal, and my son developed an obsession with bluegrass and more specifically the banjo:

Robert and his daddy went hunting for alligators at the reception:

Since it was a south carolina summer wedding, the men all wore seersucker...my son loved posing like his dad and papa:
Let's not forget our beach time too...we had some awesome time early in the mornings and then, my favorite time at the beach, post 5pm...Robert enjoyed the coolest fort on the beach shown here before it was attacked by several young children all hoping to play in his special fort built by dad:

No comments: