Wednesday, January 25, 2012

week two

This week was yummy too...several recipes to highly recommend!

Sunday: Garlic Balsamic Pork Tenderloin with roasted squash and potatoes
Used this and just roasted my acorn squash and potatoes the way that I always do...at 400 with olive oil for 20 minutes, then throw in some butter and toss in the pan before cooking for about 20 more minutes...
This pork was LEGIT...highly recommended

Monday: Black and White Burritos
Black beans, white beans, quinoa (all from my freezer...more on that later), tomatoes, avocado...easy, 15 minutes total to prepare, lots of protein and kid friendly.

Tuesday: suckered into Whole Foods' two for one pizza deal...hawaiian pizza for dinner and lunches...double yum.

Wednesday: Soup and Salad
Leftover soup from the freezer, a broccoli and cheese soup from PW with carrots added because we had some and its easy to sneak in.

Thursday: On your own/leftovers...Robert and Mama had more of the pork from sunday, yum and daddy had more pizza (they go a freakin' long way friends)

Friday: Italian sausage with rice-lentil medley, mushrooms and carrots
Used whole foods rice medley and while it was easy, we weren't big fans of the rice part, I'd rather make it myself with lentils and rice separately...just sauteed the sausage with the mushrooms and carrots and piled it on top of the rice:)

Saturday: Spaghetti with italian sausage and vegetables
Spaghetti is one of those easy to hide things in meals, so I chopped up onion, mushrooms and spinach and cooked it in some sauce from the freezer (courtesy of my mother in law who makes AWESOME spaghetti sauce)

Consensus:
We loved the pork, including my son, and this week made me grateful for my freezer:)

Finally made my own bread, and probably will never buy store bought again, the recipe was so so easy and the bread kept for several days.

Also made the salted caramel brownies...got rave reviews from friends and that sauce was AMAZING.

just because I love my cute 6 month old:

2 comments:

the reppard crew said...

hi! your baby is precious. love him. and those cheeks! want to hear more about your freezer and how you keep avacados from not being under-ripe or going bad. it's a delicate balance that I can't manage . . . i am drooling over your recipes. i am very impressed!

Robert and Lauren Luck said...

shan, I love my freezer, we'll talk:)