Tuesday, January 31, 2012

week three--kinda lame

This was a busy week for us, and our meals demonstrated that...

Sunday: I worked, again, so we picked up Chili's...again...because I'm a sucker for loaded potato skins when I'm starving.

Monday: leftovers

Tuesday: finally got my act together, we had Salmon with orzo and mixed vegetables. I made a salmon that I've made tons of times before, Salmon with Cranberry Thyme Crust, it's yummy and easy and my husband loves it.

Wednesday: Mac and Cheese and roasted chicken
Pulled out another frozen chicken, bought at whole foods on supersale last month (did I mention I love my freezer) and made the easiest roast chicken known to man...the chicken went yummy with the mac and cheese, and the rest got put into bags and frozen for future use:)

In case you want to roast some chicken:

Rub two tablespoons of butter under the skin, then follow with herbs of choice (mine is herbs de provence...always) then roast at 375 for about an hour...the trick for me is flipping the chicken several times throughout the process, it keeps the meat very moist:) Then basting with apple cider, or apple juice depending on what's in the fridge...it does great things for the skin because of the sugar content of the juice.

Thursday: Robert skipped out the cville for a basketball game with the kids since I was working, which meant that I picked up a sandwich and bottle of wine from whole foods...yum for me. Oh Wait, I also make us "dinner" before I went to work at 5pm...quick Chicken Sandwiches with bacon and cheddar...just popped some chicken on leftover ciabatta then added bacon and cheese and broiled for about 5 minutes...easy for the hubby to eat in the car...the toddler ate a bar, because it's our go to food replacement, always.

Friday: Grilled cheese because we went to see the Legwarmers:)

Saturday: Breakfast Sandwiches on Bodos Bagels...double yum.

Toddler ate the salmon (after a bit of a struggle), the mac and cheese/chicken combo, the grilled cheese..obviously, and the breakfast sandwich which he, thankfully, loves.

Here's hoping this week is more productive and less lazy.

No comments: