Sunday, March 11, 2012

pizza and bean burgers

I haven't been posting weekly meals recently because no one wants to read that we ate three planned meals, plus leftovers and then food while traveling for the last couple of weeks...i'm feeling a bit more normal (and frugal) after this past week...and as a result of wednesdays meal, a little bit shocked:)

Sunday: leftovers

Monday: Salmon with mustard brown sugar glaze, broccoli and orzo.
This is the easiest salmon ever and my husband loves it, I used to follow this recipe religiously, but now I just bake the salmon with salt and pepper and some white wine at 350 until it's opaque and then glaze on a mix of brown sugar and dijon mustard...it's yummy, and, perhaps most importantly for this mustard hater, doesn't taste of mustard (surprisingly enough)

Tuesday: Balsamic pork tenderloin with green bean casserole
We had friends over for dinner and the sweet little girl initially told me she didn't like pork, but changed her mind after tasting this..it's just so freakin' good. I made it once before this time I tried out PW's green bean casserole, because my husband LOVES old fashioned green bean casserole and I do not...at all...cream of mushroom soup is yuck to me and my northern roots, thank goodness my mother in law makes the regular casserole for thanksgiving so my husband can look forward to it every year (thanks sandra, he loves your cooking)
side note: I didn't have/don't care for pimentos so I used red peppers and threw them in with the onions, yummy and pretty:)

Wednesday: wait for it...black bean burgers with sweet potato hashbrowns (frozen from a bag, nothing special)
I just about died when my husband announced that A. he actually liked them and B. I should make them again...now granted, I put bacon and cheese on top of his BUT STILL...if you know my husband, this is a big deal.
I'll devote a whole post to it sometime soon because well, it's that big.

Thursday: homemade pizzas
Took out three bags of frozen pizza dough that I had made about a week ago from this recipe, rolled them out and Robert helped me make individual pizzas for himself (cheese only), mommy (chicken, spinach and pineapple) and daddy (chicken and pineapple).
Baked them in the oven for about a half hour at 400 degrees. We baked on cookie sheets because we didn't have parchment paper, but in the future, the parchment works MUCH better!

Friday: my parents were in town so we ordered take out from outback, the hubby's choice.

Saturday: we visited my brother in law and his awesome family in charlottesville so we naturally ordered mellow mushroom:)
Even though the pizza was amazing, it was so wonderful to watch our older kids play together and great for me to get some time with Braden, their youngest.

Toddler consensus...this was a great week for us! He obviously didn't attempt the salmon but DID eat the pork, bean burgers (he loved it actually), pizzas and outback/pizza, because, who wouldn't

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

Yummmmm. Must get the bean burger recipe! Have you tried the No Bull Burger from Cville yet? (http://nobullburger.com/)

I am trying to replicate it. Alec even likes it!