Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fun and not so fun

There are lots of things that people don't (and can't) prepare you for postpartum...many of which all you ladies either already know or can wait to figure out yourselves:) BUT, nursing...is hard. It all hinges on my small child knowing exactly how to get his food...at two days old, isn't this a lot to expect from him?
It pays to have a fantastic, loving husband who can help you through it all. My Robert has been such a blessing and a servant throughout the last two days, helping me and little Robert figure everything out.

The second thing that they don't tell you about, among many, is the ravenous appetite. My stomach went from being squished into a little tiny space to having lots of room to move around...and my stomach is taking full advantage of the extra space! The joy of being able to eat a full meal again is one that i'm treasuring thus far!

2 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

Oy vey... nursing. You WILL get it... you can do it! Absolutely do not be afraid to get a lactation consultant to come in and help... more than once, twice, three times, etc. There's lots of awkward YouTube videos and stuff at LLL.
If you ever need a dumpling/Arch's/Splendora's/Spudnuts run... you let me know.

Emily said...

Nursing seem to be one of the most frustrating things post partum, but like Mrs. Smith said...You will get it!!
And, the appetite, I love it. All of the moms I help with can eat so much. It is great, and your body has worked so hard during labor and now with feeding this little guy, that it makes since. Plus, I agree that I just can't wait to have an unsquished stomach. Enjoy!!