Monday, April 20, 2009

you know you're parents when

So I officially realized that Robert and I are now parents based on how excited we get about the little things...

Little Rob is a bit jaundice, which, I didn't think to be a big deal, especially considering that my father and myself were both jaundice, but the hospital staff makes it a very big deal (jaundice can, eventually, lead to larger problems), so as new parents, Robert and I have been very concerned. Over the last day or two, little Rob has gotten better at pooping, leading my husband to make a song to celebrate the event...especially comical late at night.

For me, I've had quite a bit of trouble nursing, making me feel incredibly inadequate BUT when he finally latched on last night, I definitely started crying!

it's the little things:)

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

WOO HOO Way to go lil Rob! If it makes you feel *any* better, I don't know any women who haven't had issues breastfeeding... me included! Way to go that it's been less than a week and he's already latched on.

Oh, and, we have all kinds of ridiculous songs at our house... oddly, they all have a liturgical melody to them.