Friday, November 11, 2011

daddy's takin' over

So day 9 was a bust, but days 8 and 10 and 11, well daddy swooped in and saved the day. You see, my husband so appreciated my challenge to myself that he offered to take one a few of the days and since he's been missing time with his first born anyway, I jumped at the chance (but let's be honest, it really meant more time for me peruse pinterest or read some blogs)

Day 8:
We were blessed with a very exciting beginning of the week when the people who own the house across the street decided to have a tree removed from their yard...their backyard...that meant that there was a team of workmen and several construction vehicles parked in front of my house for over 24 hours...I couldn't pry Roberts (or big Robert's for that matter) face off the window panes in our bedroom (the best vantage point to see all the action). The cool part was that the job involved a crane to haul the pieces of the very large and old tree OVER the house...let's just say my son was a little obsessed with the crane and has been pretending to be a crane everyday since then.

Enter my amazing husband and his creativity...he created a crane from the empty bolt leftover from a project of mine...the perfect size and length to hoist my son in the air like a crane would do....he loved it.

here's the (not so great) photo to prove it:

Day 10, my first day back at work...daddy and Robert planted seeds for apple and pear trees in two different plastic cups...apparently this will eventually lead to a budding tree that will provide much fruit..only time will tell if their scheme pays off but my son is so so so proud of himself right now!


Day 11: although it didnt involve anything specially made, it certainly was special. Robert took his son out for a special "ice cream date" just the two of them...you should have seen the excitement on little Robert's face when he learned that it would only be him and daddy. That smile just melts my heart.

day 12---it's game day so we'll be in cville all day...that's special and unique enough in my humble opinion.

I have to share this quickly though:

My son is just so creative, he set this up all by himself, letting us know that the cars were all watching the big race unfold and he was the announcer...then he'd swoop in and have the cars race and then cheer for the winner...he impresses me everyday.

No comments: