Monday, November 7, 2011

day 6/7

this will be short because I'm in the middle of cooking dinner BUT, two more successful activities to report:

Day 6: the number puzzle was harder than I anticipated and Robert needed some help...a lot of help, but overall he didn't hate it and he realized that I made it especially for him...which is really the point afterall.

I copied (sort of) this number wheel but I added shapes also to make it more interesting/educational...I think he would have appreciated it more this morning rather than last night, when his mind was more fresh..BUT it goes in the keep pile in terms of quiet activities AND it was free:)

Day 7: some might call it a cop out, but he loves cooking so much I baked some bread with him today...he pushes the buttons on my vitamix and does most of the stirring and adding of dry ingredients...and today for the first time he tasted the uncooked batter that got on his fingers by accident. This led to about 10 more accidental fingers in the batter...he IS his mothers son (and really his father's too, Robert eats whole spoonfuls of batter when I let him)

we used this recipe in case anyone is curious...i put cranberries and chocolate chips and a bunch of different kinds of nuts, plus because I ended up with not enough zucchini, I threw in some carrots and spinach too...god bless the vitamix:)

day 8: building a fort in my living room OR painting...haven't quite decided yet.

2 comments:

Birgit said...

i vote for a fort!! you are an excellent mama my dear friend :)

the reppard crew said...

what is a vitamix? do tell . . .